Sunday, September 30, 2012

Mixed Media Art Layout


Happy Saturday and hope everyone is having a great weekend!  I wanted to share my 1st Mixed Media layout this weekend which I made for a challenge!  It was a lot of work but so much fun using paints, stencils. water color pencils and glitter sprays!  It definitely got messy at times! Lol!  I started out by layering some random CC paper on 12x12 heavy chipboard.  I distressed around the paper and also added white paint from Martha Stewart in "Wedding Cake" around the edges.  I used the Crafters Workshop stencil called "Mini Flowers" and stenciled this with white gesso on each corner of the layout.  I then sprayed over it with Tattered Angels "Sweet Clover", "Vintage Pink" and "Gold" glimmer mists.  I wanted to define some of the flowers a little more so I used my watercolor pencils in teal and blue to quickly color in some of the petals for those flowers.  I then used my water paintbrush pen from Lindy Stamp Gang to paint over it to blend the colors and give it a softer look.  The second stencil I used was a small butterfly from TA.  I sprayed the same glimmer mist colors over the stencil and then stamped the corresponding butterfly stamp over it as well.  I used some additional MS acrylic paints  in "Peppermint Bark" to edge the title and to use in some random stamping with a Studio K mini background stamp.  I also used MS paints in "Sky Blue" and "Scallion" with some bubble wrap to stamp randomly in spots around the butterfly.  The corrugated board behind the pictures is from a box I cut up.  With the piece I used, I took off the top layer so that the corrugated part was exposed. I painted over this with the white paint and then again glimmer misted on top of it.  I also added a layer of TA Glimmer Glam in "Chandalier" to give it even more glitter and shine.  The flowers are from I am Roses and Recollections.  The music paper was just from my stash.  I tore a piece of it and then added it below the picture. I sprayed over it with TA "Gold" and also edged it a little with some TH distress ink in "Walnut".  I'm also going to give this to my mom as part of her birthday present so I hope she likes it.  I hope you all like it too! :)  Have a great rest of the weekend and thanks so much for stopping by my blog! :)

2 comments:

  1. Wow Marcy! Love it! i am new to mixed media and am just starting to get into it. I love the use of the gesso and all the fun details like the stencil work, spray and stamping. I am new to MS paints,and they look great. Such a lovely pic you used for the layout. What a special piece. I hope it is framed and hung somewhere soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is stunning Marcy! I love all the elements and those colors are so pretty and soft! You did a beautiful job! Your blog is looking awesome! Congratulations on making the Scrapbook Stamp Society Design Team too!

    ReplyDelete