Wednesday, January 2, 2013

SSS Card using Sherry Baldy's Besties Big Head Dolls--Happy New Year


Hello Bloggers!  Hope everyone has had a great start for the New Year!  I wanted to share with you my 1st project of the New Year 2013 for Scrapbook Stamp Society!!!  This card uses an image by Designer Sherry Baldy called Besties Big Head Dolls-Happy New Year.  This image is super adorable and waas so much fun to color.  I don't usually go with this color combo of yellow and purple but decided to try it out. I was really happy with the way it came out!  Doesn't she look adorable in yellow? :)  The paper collection I used is the Bella Paper Pack.  There are so many pretty purples, lavenders, yellows and pinks in this collection. I also used some Bazzil cardstock in yellow as the base.  The yellow trim is from Sahafuha on Etsy and the pearl trim layered on top of it is from KarlaS001 on Etsy.  The bling and the pretty purple fabric flower is from Recollections.  The sentiment "Celebrate" is from a Stamp it Up stamp set I have in my stash.  Hope you all like my card!

I wanted to thank each and every one of you for being a part of my journey here in "Blogland" and for all of your sweets comments that you leave me. I read everything and am so humbled by your kindness.  I look forward to continuing the new year sharing projects with all of you! :)

Copic Colors used:
Skin: E21, E00, E000, R20
Hair: E57, E37, E35
Dress: Y13, YR21, Y11, V12, V04, V06, V000


4 comments:

  1. OMGosh this is so super cute and I love the fabulous colors and design.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The purple and yellow look great together on that cute image. Lovely card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous!! I love the color combo. I probably wouldn't have thought of it either, but it works!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so cute Marcy! Your coloring is out of this world amazing! I love how you colored this cutie up to match those amazing papers! Great job!

    ReplyDelete