Saturday, June 28, 2014

Loves Rubberstamps Saturday Inspiration: A Sun Kissed Canvas

If you're looking for my post for The Greeting Farm July Preview Day #2, please go here!


Hi Friends!  I hope everyone is having a great weekend!  I've been under the weather this week and have a few cards in the making but thought I'd share another canvas with you for my Loves Rubberstamps Inspiration Day.

Here it is...


This is one of my favorite pictures of my son, Ethan, taken a few years back!  I knew the minute I saw this picture, I wanted to do a layout of some sort with it.  I had some extra canvases so ended up altering one of them.  After coloring up the base with some sage green acrylic paint, I again kept it pretty simple since the papers I used are so pretty already.  This older paper collection is from  Prima called "Sunkiss" and is still one of my favorites.   I embellished my canvas with goodies in my stash including some burlap, a small wooden chipboard frame from Michaels, some Wild Orchid Crafts flowers and a Tim Holtz ticket stub which says "Adore".  On my roses,  I also added a bit of gold stickles around the edges to tie in with the colors and give them more sparkle!   I was out of my sculpting paste but may add a little bit of stenciling later since I love that mixed media look. 

Here are the Supplies Used:
Sunkiss - Prima
Tim Holtz embellishment
Pumice Stone - Tim Holtz Distress Ink

Be sure to stop by the Loves Rubberstamps store to see the items used in my project!  Tomorrow we have the "Sensational Blog Hop" so be sure to come back to visit!

Have a wonderful weekend!

Hugs,
Marcy

3 comments:

  1. Swoon! Marcy your canvas is just stunning and refreshing but the star of this is your darling little Ethan ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awe... This canvas is so beautiful! The perfect picture to work with.
    You asked if it was paper for Sunday Inspiration. No, it is 3 different Prima stamps on a piece of fabric. Along with Mist and Gesso.
    Have a Great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow girl! You amaze me with your creativity...I need some of your mojo! That background was fantastic! :)

      Delete