Friday, June 20, 2014

TGF Farm Fresh Friday Challenge: Make Your Own Background!




Hello Farmer Friends! Hope everyone is having a fab week! It's Friday which means a new Farm Fresh Challenge for you all! And this week is my week to host on The Greeting Farm Blog!  Since I've been having so much fun making backgrounds lately, I thought I'd pick the theme of Make Your Own Background and see what you all come up with! :) So take out those background stamps, embossing folders, stencils, paints, glimmer sprays, distress inks etc...Just have fun with it!

   Here is my card for some inspiration...



My creation features the very cool CC Riley!  She is so adorable and I thought she would just look great as the focus of my fun background.  I made my background using some Tim Holtz distress paints which I dabbed in random spots onto my swiss polka dot embossing folder.  I then sprayed some clear glimmer mist to get the colors to mix and move around and laid my paper right on the impression.  I actually used quite a bit of color and this background is actually the second generation of my stamping which gave it softer colors and a fainter impression in some areas.   I really love the look of this!   I colored up cute Riley with my copics and added some Wink of Stella in clear to her purple hoodie.  I finished off my card with some crinkled seam binding and some pretty roses.

 Please check out The Greeting Farm blog to get the details on this challenge and to see the other cool backgrounds from the rest of the DT Girls!  I would love to see your backgrounds so come play along! :)  

Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful weekend!

Hugs,
Marcy


2 comments:

  1. Wow love the background and Riley, must colour her up again..she has been in the cupboard for some time..
    Have a nice weekend,
    Hugs Blankina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really cute!! that background looks so cool!!

    ReplyDelete