Sunday, July 13, 2014

Loves Rubberstamps Inspiration Day: A fun birthday card using distress inks!


Hello and Happy Saturday all!  It's Marcy here and I hope everyone is having a fantastic weekend!  Today,  I have a simple but fun card to share with you!

Here it is...


I had actually planned to join last week's MFT sketch challenge but lost track of time and missed the challenge!  But I'm still glad I used the sketch because it definitely sparked some "mojo" in making this card! :)  I used a fun stencil from Studio Calico then went to town with several of my Tim Holtz distress inks spreading them over the mask and creating those beautiful vibrant circles!  The colors I used were Peacock FeathersPicked Raspberry and Spiced Marmalade.  I love all of the inks but these colors are my fav!  I used my white gel pen to outline the circles which I really thought made them pop more.    I also added some white stitching around the black border and circle.  The sentiment comes from an MFT set called Polka Dot Greetings and I embossed this onto some vellum.    To finish off my card, I added some twine and a few colorful enamel dots.  

Here are the Supplies Used:
Polka Dot Greetings - My Favorite Things
Picked Raspberry - Tim Holtz Distress Ink
Peacock Feathers - Tim Holtz Distress Ink
Spiced Marmalade - Tim Holtz Distress Ink
Ink Blending Tool - Ranger Ink

Be sure to stop by the Loves Rubberstamps store to see all the cool Tim Holtz distress inks in so many colors!  They are so much fun and can be used in so many different ways!!!  

Enjoy your weekend and thanks for stopping by!

Hugs,
Marcy

4 comments:

  1. THis is stunning ,my friend! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is AWESOME Marcy! I really love how you did the background! The colors are so pretty and I love how you blended the colors into each other to get a gradient! The White Gel pen really does make this pop! LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful! The colors look amazing! They really pop and the design is fab too. I hate when I miss the deadline. I do that a lot these days, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is gorgeous!! I love those colors-they look amazing!

    ReplyDelete