Saturday, August 30, 2014

Loves Rubberstamps Inspiration Day: You are One of My Favorite Things!

Happy Saturday All!!  I'm here today to share some inspiration with you for Loves Rubberstamps!  Hope everyone has had a great week and that some of you will have a chance to enjoy the Labor Day Holiday on Monday.     Between work and the first week of school, it's been such a hectic week for me so I welcome this long weekend and hope that I can find some time to relax and hopefully get some extra crafting time in!

So here's the card I've made for today...


If you follow my blog, you might have noticed that I've been making a lot of backgrounds for my cards lately and having a lot of fun doing so!  There are so many technique out there and I want to try all of them!!! LOL  This is one of my favorites which is using a background stamp with some embossing and then adding distress inks and water for some great water color effects.  For my card, I also added some glimmer mist to give it some shimmer which is so pretty!  I just love the vibrant colors and the sparkle on this background!  The sentiment is from MFT's Polka Dot Greetings and this was stamped onto the background using Versamark Ink  and some black sparkling embossing powder by Ranger.   To finish off my card, I added some beautiful Wild Orchid Crafts flowers, some pink jute rope and sequins.

Here are the Supplies Used:
Polka Dot Greetings - My Favorite Things
Spiced Marmalade - Tim Holtz Distress Ink
Peacock Feathers -Tim Holtz Distress Ink
Picked Raspberries - TIm Holtz Distress Ink
Black Sparkling Embossing Powder - Ranger

Thanks so much for stopping by and have a wonderful weekend!  Don't forget to stop by tomorrow for a new Blog Hop and some amazing projects! :)

Hugs,
Marcy

2 comments:

  1. Very pretty Marcy I love the rainbow colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a pretty card Marcy. I love the colourful background and the techniques used. Thanks for the inspiration. Hugs Nina

    ReplyDelete