Thursday, September 4, 2014

TGF Farm Fresh Friday Challenge: With All My Heart!



Hello Friends and Happy Friday!  With the Holiday on Monday, this week just totally flew by and I'm excited for the weekend to come so fast!  So this week's FFF theme over at The Greeting Farm is "Watercoloring"!!!  Watercolor seems to be so popular these days and I really just can't get enough of it myself!

Here's my card...

There are so many ways to watercolor and I wanted to try this technique I've been seeing on the internet quite a bit recently!  This image is the adorable boy from Winter Kindness which is one of the new releases for September 2014!  I embossed him using some white embossing powder and then colored him in with my Koi watercolor paint set.  Adding the color was quite easy due to the raised edges of the embossing.  However, the shading was a bit more challenging! LOL  The white outline took me a while to get used to but I like how this came out!  I definitely had a lot of fun making this card and if you look at my previous post, I used this same technique on another image.  I hope you will join the challenge this week and enjoy some watercoloring! :)

Please check out The Greeting Farm blog to see the rest of the DT gals' beautiful "Watercolor" projects!  Have a wonderful weekend and thanks so much for stopping by! :)

Hugs,
Marcy

1 comment:

  1. Very pretty Marcy! I can't tell you had ANY trouble with this watercolor technique and your shading looks great. I tried that technique out abd it didn't turn out too well, your card is inspiring me to keep trying, TFS!

    ReplyDelete