Sunday, September 15, 2013

Loves Rubberstamps "Sensational Sunday" Blog Hop featuring TGF "Cheeky Howdy"


Welcome to the Loves Rubberstamps weekly Sensational Sunday Blog Hop! The Design Team has created some gorgeous projects for your Inspiration. Check out each link and leave a comment. If you get lost along the way, each stop will have a full list of links. One of the Design Team posts is the hop's Sensational Sunday Sweet Spot and a name will be drawn from that list of comments to be in a monthly drawing for a $20 Loves Rubberstamps Gift Voucher!  We will draw the winner of the Voucher the 1st Sunday of each month! Remember, you have until 8:00 pm CST Saturday to leave your comments!

Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend! Thanks for all of the well wishes on recovering from being sick.  I'm  feeling much better than I did last weekend and finally starting to feel like my normal self again! We had another heat wave in Southern Cali and this definitely has been one of the hottest days this year including what we had for most of the summer months.  Of course our family just had to get away to the beach to cool off! :)  


I wanted to share a pic of my son, Noah, enjoying the water.  He's definitely the fish of the family!:) Despite the heat, the water was still very cold so he decided to wear his wetsuit! LOL  But the cool weather was really refreshing on this very hot day! And it definitely was gorgeous out there!:)

So on to my inspiration for you all this Sunday.  Here is my card....


I wanted to take out an oldie but goodie from TGF Cheeky Cherry Collection called "Cheeky Howdy"!  She is one of my favorite images from this collection and I think she is just so adorable!  I stamped my cheeky gal with my favorite Memento ink in Black Tuxedo and then colored her up with my copic sketch markers. The paper collection I used is called "Farmhouse" by Crate Paper.  I couldn't resist using the design papers with the cherries to match the cherries in her hair!  I edged all of my papers in my Tim Holtz distress ink in Faded Jeans.  I went with the Cherry theme again using the cherry blossom flowers from Wild Orchid Crafts. I sprayed these up with my Tattered Angels "Iridescent Gold" to give them some  pretty shimmer.  I also added some random pearl flourishes I've had in my stash. To further embellish, I added some light blue rhinestones from Kaiser Kraft to the corners of my card.  The sentiment "Smile" is from a random stamp set I have at home.


Hope you all like my card and thanks so much for stopping by! :)
Your next stop is Nicole!

Marcy -- You are here!!!

17 comments:

  1. What a cute image. Beautifully coloured as always. Love your choice of papers. Hope you are having a lovely weekend. Hugs Nina

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful! She is one of my favorites too...I think it is because of the cherries - LOL! You did an awesome job coloring her up! The beach looks like so much fun! We had a few super scorcher days and then it has been really cool the last few - more like fall. *Sigh* I am not ready for summer to be over -LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That Cheeky is such a cutie. I love your card. Your coloring is awesome.

    Hugs,
    Mary

    BCU

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh she is so adorable, love this cute image and the dp is fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  5. She is so adorable and so is Noah. I want that Paper Pad but can't find it anywhere :(

    ReplyDelete
  6. Squuuuuueeeeeeal!! Love her!! Love those cheeky girls sooooooo much !!! Laura just sent me cheeky geeky & I can't wait to ink her!!
    This looks fantastic & I love the red!! :)) :))
    Xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute layout and awesome coloring! I just love it! So glad you are getting to enjoy the beach before the fall sets in!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the image, love how you colored her. I love the colors used in your layout. tfs

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so gorgeous! I just got Cheeky Howdy myself and I can't wait to color her up. Thanks for the inspiration and thanks for playing with us in the TGF challenge! :)

    Luvs,
    Annie Rose

    ReplyDelete
  10. Really cute card - great work :) And I LOVE the cherry blossoms...
    BCU!

    ReplyDelete
  11. AWE your card is Awesome!!! Wonderful pic of your son too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great paper choices and nice layering with solid CS behind all the DP. That gives a card a real professional look. The image is darling! Nice job! TFS
    DebiB

    ReplyDelete
  13. Now that is one CUTE card!! Love her! She's beautiful nestled into this gorgeous set of dsp! Noah looks dazzling in the middle of the waves - what a beautiful picture!! That's one to be framed, mommy!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Totally cute! You rocked this square challenge! Thanks for joining the TGF challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the card, she looks so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is a great card. What a cutie. TFS.
    Crafty hugs,
    D~
    designsbydragonfly.blogspot

    ReplyDelete