Monday, September 2, 2013

SSS Card featuring Sherri Baldy's "Raggedy Rosie"


Hello Friends!  I hope you are all having a cool weekend and that some of you get to enjoy the extra long one due to the Labor Day Holiday.  Today, I wanted to share a card I made for Scrapbook Stamp Society featuring artist, Sherri Baldy's "Raggedy Rosie". 
Here it is...

She was so fun to color up and I just love her hair!  I started out with my favorite corrugated card base and then layered some designer papers on top of it.  The paper collection I used is one I recently purchased online called "Cambridge Court" which is a collection from Kate & Co by My Mind's Eye.  I distressed all of the papers with my Tim Holtz distress tool and then edged them all with my Tim Holtz Distress ink in Victorian Velvet.  I also added a small doily and the sentiment which is also from the paper collection. The flowers I used are from Wild Orchid Crafts and I sprayed them all up with my Tattered Angels glimmer mist to give them some nice shimmer.  I punched out a few leaves using my Martha Stewart leaf punch and then added some pink rhinestones from Kaiser Kraft.   I hope you all like my card. Have a wonderful day and thanks for stopping by!

Copic colors used:
Skin: E93, E00, E11
Hair: Y11, Y13, Y15
Clothes: RV55, RV52, RV00,  BG13, BG11, BG10

I'm entering this card in the following challenges:
SSS-Anything Goes
Bestie's Challenge-Main Color Pink


Please check out the Scrapbook Stamp Society Blog to see what other projects the Design Team has showcased for you all.  I hope you all like my card and thanks so much for stopping by



7 comments:

  1. So cute, Marcy!! :) :)
    Thanks so much for your kind words yesterday on my blog!! Made me smile!! :) :)
    I am so happy to be on the Loves team with you!!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Marcy, this is so adorable. I just love the image and your coloring is just amazing! Such a pretty layout with the distressing and flowers. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. it's a very beautiful and colourful card Marcy.
    Thanks for join us at ScrapbookStampSociety Challenge.

    Greetings Karin DT Member

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a cute card. I love her hair too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How cute!! Your coloring is awesome as ever! Your little flowers go so perfect with those pretty papers! Beautiful job!

    ReplyDelete