Sunday, September 29, 2013

Loves Rubberstamps "Sensational Sunday" Blog Hop featuring TGF's "Cuddle Anya"


Welcome to the Loves Rubberstamps weekly Sensational Sunday Blog Hop! The Design Team has created some gorgeous projects for your Inspiration. Check out each link and leave a comment. If you get lost along the way, each stop will have a full list of links. One of the Design Team posts is the hop's Sensational Sunday Sweet Spot and a name will be drawn from that list of comments to be in a monthly drawing for a $20 Loves Rubberstamps Gift Voucher!  We will draw the winner of the Voucher the 1st Sunday of each month! Remember, you have until 8:00 pm CST Saturday to leave your comments!

Happy Sunday All! Hope you've all be having a good weekend so far.  I was so looking forward to the weekend to relax and catch up on some things but my very busy week turned into a very busy weekend! So it started out a little stressful earlier this week when my goddaughter was checked into ER and diagnosed to have pneumonia! :(  Since I had been praying for her since this happened and thinking of her often, I decided to make her a cute "girly" card she could look at while she was in the hospital.  I was able to actually bring it to her this Saturday morning along with some gifts to enjoy. The good news is that she's on the road to recovery and doing so much better.  That along with my son, Noah's great soccer game with an awesome goal and getting together with my family to celebrate my mom's birthday made the weekend end on a better note!

So here's the tag/card I made which I also wanted to share for my Sunday inspiration...


As I mentioned, I wanted to make something really "girly"just because my goddaughter is such a "girly" girl! :)  With her being sick, I thought of comfort and this image of The Greeting Farm's  Cuddle Anya was so perfect for this occasion!!!  Isn't she so adorable with her little bear hat and little teddy bear?!!!  I stamped cute Anya with my favorite Memento ink in Black Tuxedo and then colored her up with my copic sketch markers.  The base of my card is actually a page from a flower chipboard album which I've taken apart.  I wanted to make this so that she can also hang the card in her room when she gets home.  The paper collection I used is called "Childish" by Fancy Pants.  So perfect for my little girl theme and such fun papers. Behind her peeking out are some layered doilies from the MFT Die-Namics set call Doily Duo Die set.  I edged all of my papers using Tim Holtz distress ink in Victorian Velvet. I added some flowers from Wild Orchid Crafts and some pink acrylic small teddy bears.  The beautiful pink sequins trim around the flower card is from my stash.  I love how shiny and pretty it is!  For the top, I added a large eyelet and tied a bow through that using some soft pink sheer ribbon also from my stash.  Finally, I added a heart charm to the top hooked onto the bow using a garment pin. 

I'm entering this into the TGF-FFF Challenge-Tags

Hope you all like my project and thanks so much for stopping by! :)
Your next stop is Nicole!

Marcy -- You are here!!!

11 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness!!! That is one of the cutest images!!! You know how much I love the greeting farm and I don't even have that one!! eeeek!!
    Adding it to my wish list right now... LOL!
    I'm sure your goddaughter will love this sweet girly girl card!! :) :)
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marcy, this is such a cute card. Love how you have coloured the image. Love the way you have created the shaped card. It's stunning. Hope you a have a great week, hugs Nina

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so super sweet Marcy! I am glad that your goddaughter is feeling better! Pnuemonia is no fun to have! This is the perfect image to use for a get well card for a little one! All your girly girl details are awesome! LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous shape. Love the sparkle. Hope she recovers fully and fast!

    ReplyDelete
  5. First off sending your goddaughter get well wishes.
    I LOVE how you made this adorable card one she can hang and enjoy for years to come. TFS.
    Crafty hugs,
    D~
    designsbydragonfly.blogspot

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my Goodness she is super sweet! Love the image, love the colors you used. Love It. tfs Love Ya' Patricia

    ReplyDelete
  7. Marcy, I hope your goddaughter is starting to feel better. I am sure she loved this beauty! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so darling! Love the image and coloring. Great layout. I bet this just cheered up your god daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so super cute! Love the colors and the great design.

    ReplyDelete
  10. She is going to love this! I know I do! The fun shape of the card, and the frills! The image is precious and your coloring is too as always. Wishing your Goddaugther a speedy recovery!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Adorable!! Love the way you added the ribbon to create such an adorable border.
    Hugs,Dangina

    ReplyDelete