Friday, June 19, 2015

Loves Rubberstamps Saturday Inspiration: Happy Father's Day!


Hello Friends!  Hope you're all having a wonderful weekend!  In preparation of the Father's Day Holiday coming up, I thought I'd create a Father's Day card for my share today!

And here it is...


I had so much fun water coloring with my distress markers for the last card that I couldn't resist making another card with a water colored background!  For this one, I used a background stamp I have in my stash and stamped it onto some Tim Holtz water color paper using my Versamark Watermark Stamp Pad.  I then added some white embossing powder from Recollections and heat set it.  Over this cool design, I water colored over it with my distress inks and water using some colors I thought would make a good background for a masculine card.  The colors I used were Pumice StoneFaded Jeans and Black Soot.  I really love the way they blended together so well!  I added some splattered ink to parts of it for a fun effect!  The sentiment came from a Winnie & Walter Set called "The Big, the Bold & You".   I also embossed this sentiment and used some Sparkle Black Ranger embossing powder for this.  The die cut used for the background is from MFT called Warm Wishes Die-Namics.  To finish off my card, I added some enamel dots and twine.

Here is the full supply list for my card:
Faded Jeans - Tim Holtz Distress Ink
Black Soot - Tim Holtz Distress Ink
Pumice Stone -Tim Holtz Distress Ink
Warm Wishes Die-Namics - My Favorite Things
Water Color Paper - Tim Holtz
Black Sparkle Embossing Powder -Ranger
The Big, the Bold & You - Winnie & Walter

For those of you celebrating Father's Day, I hope the "Dads" in your family have a special day and that you all have a wonderful celebration!

Thanks so much for stopping by!

Hugs,
Marcy

2 comments:

  1. Love this Marcy! Fab resist design, it's so effective. Love those enamel dots too. I must get me some. Hugs, Wends x

    ReplyDelete