Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Loves Rubberstamps Tuesday Challenge: I Thank My Lucky Stars for You



Hello and Happy Tuesday!!!  We have a new Loves Rubberstamps Challenge this week for you!  Our theme is "Masculine"!  Our fantastic sponsor  is Bugaboo Stamps !!!

Here's my card...


With my household full of boys, it's a wonder that masculine cards are still always a challenge for me!  But with Father's Day coming up, I thought this was the perfect opportunity to make a Father's Day card!  I thought this one would be fun to make for my hubby.  Plus, I wanted to do a lot with my background and I knew he would forgive any of my mistakes! LOL   I have been wanting to use this fun stamp set by W9 called "Lucky Stars" for some time so I was happy to finally take it out to create.  I stamped using my Versamark Water Stamp and embossed my stars and sentiment using some Pale Gold embossing powder by Hero Arts.  I then water colored my background using various Tim Holtz distress inks.  This is always so much fun to do! I used the resist technique with some water droplets for a cool effect.  I also took some of the leftover water color to splatter small droplets in various sections. I really like the way the background came out!  To finish off my card, I added some black and white twine and also some small platinum heart sequins from Pretty Posh.  

Here is my full supply list:
Seedless Preserves - Tim Holtz Distress Ink
Black Soot - Tim Holtz Distress Ink
Faded Jeans- Tim Holtz Distress Ink
Salty Ocean- Tim Holtz Distress Ink
Lucky Stars - W9
Pale Gold Embossing Powder - Hero Arts


Hope you enjoyed my card!  Have a wonderful week and thanks for stopping by!

Hugs,
Marcy





2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous Marcy. Love the Gold embossing, looks fabulous. Beautiful inky background too. Hugs, Wends x

    ReplyDelete